Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cinnamon Buns & Sticky Buns (Teaser)


Because I can't share all of Peter Reinharts recipes (you'll have to go out and buy the book for them), here are photos of the cinnamon buns and sticky buns I made a few weeks ago. I will say, they were superb--some of the best I've had--and well worth the time it took to make them.

I couldn't decide between making sticky buns or cinnamon buns, so I ended up making both. This worked out perfectly because the process for sticky buns was a little more time-consuming and they baked for twice as long at a lower temperature. I put the cinnamon buns in the oven first while the sticky buns continued to rise and I prepped the pan. When the cinnamon buns were done baking, the sticky buns were done rising, so I lowered the oven and placed them in.

Both buns are made with the same dough and swirled roll. The differences come in the finishing touches. Cinnamon buns are glazed with a sweet white fondant, while sticky buns are baked upside down on top of a layer of raisins, nuts, and what will become the caramel glaze. I added orange extract to both glazes to complement the flavor of the buns.
Sticky buns, just out of the oven
Cinnamon buns, glazed and cooling

No comments:

Post a Comment