Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Eggplant Parmesan

If you ever ask me what my favorite food is, I'll probably respond with eggplant parmesan. I have loved it ever since I was a child, and now that I cook by myself, I've made eggplant many different ways. Eggplant parmesan is still my favorite.

Ingredients:
1 eggplant
2 T oil
2 slices or 1/3 c shredded mozzarella or provolone cheese
1/2 c tomato sauce
1/8 c breadcrumbs

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Peel & cut the ends off of the eggplant. Slide it into 1/4'' slices. Heat a frying pan or griddle on M/H with oil. Add the slices of eggplant & saute until soft & browned.

While the eggplant is cooking, spread a layer of tomato sauce on the bottom of your baking dish. The dish can be any size you like, depending on how many eggplants your using and how many layers you want. Begin layering eggplant on top of the tomato sauce. After 2 layers, spread a thin layer of sauce, then continue adding eggplant. On top, spread a thicker layer of sauce & sprinkle with cheese.  Sprinkle with breadcrumbs & cover with aluminum foil.

Bake 30 minutes. If you want the cheese to brown, remove the foil for the last 10 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment